Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Camp NaNo Update Week One

My brain is shot because I've been doing NaNo all week, and I have nothing philosophical left in me. Therefore, I'm posting a NaNo update instead.

I'm working again on Awakened, hoping to get the second quarter of the book done. Things are going a bit slower than I hoped, but it's still going pretty well notwithstanding.


I've written 13/14 pages so far. As you can see, I'm right on my goal. And surprisingly, the cabin is ahead! This is the first time this has happened to me. Hopefully it lasts.

This week has actually been pretty laid back. We haven't been going much of anywhere, so I've been able to get a lot of things done at home, including having my first driving lesson, preparing a glass candle holder for staining, baking a coconut cream pie (in honor of Gilligan's Island), knitting my yarn remnants into a scarf, practicing piano, and, of course, writing. I'm not writing as many pages as I would like, but I'm happy with what I have so far, so the good outweighs the bad.

Le snippet:
   Peter's heart leaped. A presidential pardon. A free ride. He could stay out of jail.
   But it wasn't worth the lives of Katie and her family.
   "I...think I'd rather not."
   "Well," the man said. "I needn't waste my time with you any further. I've got a bit of a time crunch, and there are reams of doctors waiting to study your body to find out more about your genetic disease. I hope it won't inconvenience you if I just speed the process along a little."
   The nausea climbed up towards Peter's throat. Not only was he going to die by a needle, his body was going to go to the very doctors he had dreaded and fought all these years. In the end, they'd win.
   A strong hand gripped Peter's left arm. A pinch of pain spread through the crook of his elbow. The pinch of a needle.
   Bile rose in Peter's throat. He swallowed the burn down. The needle slid out.
   "Normally we'd offer you a last meal, but..." Another needle pinched Peter's skin. "I guess this is goodbye."

I'm off to write some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment