Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Liebster Award

   I've never actually done the Liebster Award before, so when my lovely sister Morgan left her Liebster Award post open for takers, I jumped on the opportunity of doing it instead of actually finishing one of my blog post drafts or reading more about the British during the Revolution for my research paper. Thanks, Morgan!



The Rules:

Thank the person who nominated you

Answer the 11 questions they gave you

Name 11 facts about you

Nominate 11 bloggers to do this tag, and let them know

Give them 11 questions to answer


1. What is your favorite song?
You mean I have to pick? You evil person! Let's see... *scrolling through my "Favorites" playlist on Spotify*  Currently it's a tossup between "SHERlocked", "Song of Captivity and Freedom", and the entire Ratatouille soundtrack. Also "That's What Friends Are For (The Vulture Song)", "The Breaking of the Fellowship", "The Ellie Badge", and "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer". I'm indecisive, okay?

2. Do you play an instrument? If so, which one, and if not, which one would you like to learn?
Yes. I play the piano. I've been taking paid lessons since 2008, with just a little gap the year we moved. I was my first teacher's first student.

3. Which book have you reread the most?
I'm not sure, but it's probably one of the Ilyon books. They are my comfort reads, after all.

4. What is your favorite day of the week?
I don't know. I'd say Sunday, except Sunday comes right before Monday, so it's a tossup between Sunday and Saturday. I also like Friday, but Friday generally contains school or work, so ick.

5. What is your favorite vacation place?
Disney World. Hands down. It is the happiest place on Earth, after all. I only wish I could go more. And that I could visit all the other Disney resorts.

6. Do you like spending time outside?
No. I would if there weren't so many stupid bugs outside, but I can't handle being in their home territory. Plus, the growing things want me to die, or at least lead a very miserable life. And I'm a wimp about extreme temperatures. But I do enjoy being outside, when the weather is mild and I'm all caught up on allergy meds and the bugs are away. Or it's winter. I do like winter. But chances are, I'd probably choose being inside over being outside.

7. What household chore do you dread most?
It used to be putting out pine straw and mowing. But we don't use pine straw in our landscaping anymore and our yard is too steep for anybody but my dad to mow (and occasionally my mom, if she goes a certain direction down the hill with the mower). So I can honestly say I don't know. Maybe doing dishes, but I don't hate it all that much.

8. Do you like driving? If you don't have your license yet, are you looking forward to getting it?
Yes, I do, when it doesn't terrify me. But no, I'm not looking forward to getting my license. Why, do you say? Because having your license means you have to pay for gas. And insurance.

9. Do you like sweet tea or dirty water (unsweet tea)?
Gross. No. Yuck. I hate cold tea. The only good tea is hot tea with plenty of milk and sugar. I refuse to pick a side in this culture war.

10. Are you registered to vote, or planning to register as soon as you are eligible?
No, I am not registered to vote. (Muahahaha!) I am counting down the days to after this year's election so I can register. I'm just upset there won't be anything to vote for next year.

11. What is the saddest movie you have ever seen?
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. That was the worst movie on the planet. The worst thing about it was it wasn't even plausible. SO WHY RIP VIEWERS' HEARTS TO SHREDS LIKE THAT???

1. I've never broken a bone or been stung. *knock on wood* I was not a very rambunctious child. And was banned from climbing trees because my mom thought I would hurt myself. I am accident-prone, so she was probably right.

2. I have walked into the wall before. PSA: Don't watch TV and perambulate.

3. I used to love The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror until it made me sick on my last Disney trip. Now, I refuse to go on any rides that drop straight down.

4. I have watched the National Dumpling Day Parade, the only parade that goes both ways at once, the only parade that spends zero dollars on floats, and the only parade that you don't know you're in until you hear them talking about you on the radio. Visit Disney's Hollywood Studios today and you can probably catch a similar parade in honor of Dinosaur Day or National Chocolate Chip Day or Straw Hat Day.

5. We used to have a "pet" green tree frog that always stuck around our house and sat outside on our dining room window at nights during the summer. He moved with us to our old house living in our grill. We named him Preston. But he died a few years ago.

6. I went door-to-door for Barry Loudermilk when I was three years old. He was running for state house and my dad and older sister were always going door-to-door for him. My sister and I would rather have actually gone door-to-door than sit in the car and watch other people do it, so my dad took each of us to a few houses. I wanted to keep doing it, but my parents wouldn't let me.

7. Gagging yourself doesn't quiet you. Neither does putting Scotch tape over your mouth. I would know, since I've done both.

8. I once asked my family to tie me to a post in case I was the next Harry Houdini. I wasn't.

9. I have legitimate arachnophobia. I stepped barefoot on a daddy long legs when I was three and have been uncontrollably terrified ever since.

10. I don't like getting dressed. I'd rather just wear pajamas. Getting dressed involves too many decisions.

11. I hate Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Luke Skywalker is my hero and it is not okay to portray him like that. He refused to kill his own father when his father was Darth freakin' Vader and you expect me to believe that he tried to kill his nephew when he just saw hints of darkness in him? NO. #NotmyLukeSkywalker (other things I hate about it: Rey's "big reveal" about her parentage, Snoke's death and Hux's consequent non-reveal as a big bad Sith Lord, green milk, Carrie Poppins, the whole Finn and Rose side-plot, and Admiral Holdo for starters. Finn and Rose are my NOTP.)

I'll try and nominate eleven bloggers, but unless they read this blog post, they probably won't find out about it, because I'm super shy and will not reach out to them and tell them.
Kendra Ardnek (you probably won't do this, but I'm nominating you anyway)
RhoXie Mans (did I spell it right? anyway, you know who you are)
Jaye L. Knight (you're probably super busy, but I'm doing this anyway)
Melanie Crone (you've done this before, haven't you? I hope you won't mind doing it again)
J. Grace Pennington 
Jack Lewis Baillot (I don't mind if you only get around to doing this in a year or so)
Tricia Mingerink
Maddy Crone (except you have a photography blog, so I don't know if you do stuff like this)
Aaaaaand that's all the people I know. Welp. At least I tried.

1. What's your favorite breed of dog?
2. What, in your opinion, is the worst movie ever?
3. Did you see Infinity War? If so, what did you think (especially of the ending)? If not, what outdated piece of technology are you sad is now obsolete?
4. Who is your favorite president?
5. If you found a magic lamp, what would your three wishes be?
6. Did you see The Last Jedi? If so, did you love it, hate it, or somewhere in between? If you didn't, how and why have you escaped for this long?
7. What upcoming movie are you most excited about?
8. What is your favorite childhood memory?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. Most favorite and least favorite things about growing up?
11. On a scale of one to becoming an isolated hermit, how disgusted are you with your generation?


1 comment:

  1. I did my post ~ http://bbandba.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete