Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

This Is Not the Blog Post You're Looking For

   I should be writing a coherent blog post. Or at least finishing the several unfinished blog post drafts I have. But I don't really have anything to talk about, except maybe Star Wars.
   I've been reading William Shakespeare's Star Wars lately. Since I love both Shakespeare and Star Wars, this was quite an experience. It was hilarious and amazing all at the same time. The rancor sang! R2-D2 spoke English in asides. Yoda spoke in haiku! And all the soliloquies. It was rather ridiculous. But a certain part in The Force Doth Awaken still tore my heart out.
   As a lead-up to The Last Jedi coming out in a month and a half (I'm so excited!!!), we're re-watching the entire Star Wars saga. In chronological order. We're not very far in yet, but it's going to be so strange. Also, I never realized before that Naboo was in the Outer Rim. And who in their right mind would put Jar-Jar Binks in charge of representing a planet?
   The Last Jedi trailer makes me nervous. What if they mess up Luke? He's my favorite character. He's so sweet and kind and he saved the galaxy by being compassionate. He looked so bitter in the trailer. I'll be very upset if the writers ruin him.
   When I was little, I was slightly obsessed with the computer game Oregon Trail (Version 2.0). I took Star Wars characters on the Oregon Trail more than once and saved the diary both times. It was very infuriating when Yoda died before his time.
   So there you go. I have written something. It may not make sense, but it is something.
   One last observation. Anakin Skywalker is very creepy when in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment